Our Collaborative Mission
Connected, we aspire:
- To advance the personal and professional development of our alumni;
- Deepen alumni pride in our school and university;
- Inspire greater alumni relationships by building a culture of philanthropy and lifelong
Our Collective Vision
United, we can:
Significantly expand our programs and presence through community, university, and philanthropically based events, creating a more connected and active base of alumni. As the largest academic unit on campus, with more than 50,000 alumni, 7,250 students, 13 undergraduate degree programs, 13 graduate programs, 9 departments, and 19 research institutions, UCI Social Sciences’ potential is boundaryless.
With an active alumni network, we can ensure our time on campus as students was only
the beginning of a lifetime of learning and fulfilling relationships.
Our Combined Commitment
Together, we will:
- Promote and attend homecoming, Lunar New Year, and other signature school events.
- Support an active alumni network calendar of events, including UCI sports, family days, monthly coffees, and quarterly happy hours.
- Foster positive growth of alumni in their careers and professional networks by acting as a good referral partner through meaningful introductions.
- Understand the dean’s vision for the School of Social Sciences; remain informed on current initiatives, programming and opportunities; when appropriate, make connections that contribute to the fundraising efforts for the School of Social Sciences with potential partners.
- Exemplify lifelong learning, championing the mission of the UCI Social Sciences within the community and new constituencies.
- Encourage broad alumni participation in the #50for50 campaign—making a $50 annual
donation to the Dean’s Excellence Fund—raising unrestricted funding for high impact
projects within social sciences.